Friday, February 26, 2010

chat room humiliation

Back in the glory days of AOL (I was around 15), I used to go into chat rooms, probably that talked about music. I managed to make an enemy in one of them, probably by insulting his musical taste. One day soon after, I had a strange girl send me a picture of herself in a bikini and requested me to chat. We had a pleasant chat, and I didn't think much more of it. A day or so later, I noticed that my chat room enemy had quoted me in his profile as saying "I'm kind of a dork and girls usually don't like me," which is something I had candidly confessed to my hot new chat friend. I got set up and e-embarrassed. Nerdiest embarrassment ever.

2 comments:

caitlin said...

haha. this might be one of "collective confession's" hall of famers

Anonymous said...

When I was around 15 I used to go on AOL chat rooms and pretend to be 18. I may or may not have exchanged naughty photos with someone I met there.