Tuesday, February 10, 2009

i went to enrichment tonight.  it took 2 hours.  it was about home organization.  there were a lot of great tips.  still, inspite of the message shared, the only message i took home was that its not worth it to me.

1. i dont want to be someone who cuts coupons.    
2.  i dont want to keep my receipts and check my credit card statements.
3.  i dont care if i wake up and put my dirty clothes back on from the exact pile they were in when i took them off.  i still know where they are.
4.  so we are messy?
5.  i used to think i couldnt feel peaceful in a messy house.  thats not true.  i have learned that i can.
6.  i dont think the saviour cares what my house looks like.  
7.  i think he cares who i am.
8.  i dont know why we spend so much time organizing and reorganizing and packing and moving and labeling and sweeping and shifting and being frazzled when we dont have to.  chill the hell out.
9.  since i stopped caring about our space being clean i have read six books.  quinn is now teaching me to play the drums.  i find i practice the piano.  i think in my spare time.  my drawing has improved.  i am a lot happier.  


3 comments:

crystal said...

yes. i love the idea that when you stop certain nonessentials you find yourself playing the drums.

Nate H. said...

Drums are for men. Clipping coupons is for girls. Get to vacuuming!

samsam said...

stop being such a boob, nate!

cleaning is an essential for me! i'm a cleaning maniac. however, coupon cutting is not.